Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Montana Pictures and Plans

High water on Lake McDonald


"...and the trees took the river in their arms." Along the Bitterroot


Butterfly at Lake McDonald


The most awesome day...


Some more pics from our recent trip. I must admit I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I usually do. It was raining most of the time we were there. I did get some really good shots of the Bitterroot, and high water everywhere for that matter, so as soon as I can I'm going to practice watercolor painting some of the scenes and try to capture the essence of being there. I can remember every feeling I had, and the idea of painting is to convey those feelings.

2 comments:

Melis said...

Love the photos Gig. Can't wait to see some paintings. :)

Eilidh said...

Thanks, Melis. It's back to work in two weeks, so painting will have to wait a few more years (haha). I'm "remodeling" the studio with modular units to provide flexiblity, so no fun-worky until the heavy-lifting and sorting and organizing is done. :o) I can't wait!!!