Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chì Mi’n Geamhradh Anns a' Ghaoith...

"Chì mi'n geamhradh anns a' ghaoith
Chan eil an sneachd fada bhuainn
Sgothan dorch' 's na craobhan ruisgt
Tha an oidhche nochd fuar"
Runrig


Last Fall...


At Mom's old house...

I see winter in the wind...in the slant of the light, in the looming darkness, in the dread of October, in the long blue shadows cast by the smoky saffron light. The leaves are turning.

Tha na madainn fionnar. Tha an fheasgar goirid. Tha an oidhche dorch agus eagalach. Tha na duilleagan a' tionndadh. Tha mi glè bhronach agus muladach. Tha mi fo chùram...Cha toil Geamhradh.

I hate winter. One might wonder why I want to move back to Montana. Crazy I guess. It's the light. Really.

Apparently I have seven followers. I don't know who you all are, but thanks for following. My computer is 63 in dog years.

4 comments:

Eilidh said...

testing...it works now. I have to make sure every time that I un-check the box that wants ot keep me signed in. Melis, try to comment and maybe it'll work.

Eilidh said...

Test # 2: I am logged on, signed in, under my own whatever-it-is (and I think I'm getting alzheimer's), and am successfully commenting. Why does it work for me and nobody else??? Very frustrating.

Eilidh said...

And why do I no longer have a security code?

Eilidh said...

AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHH!!!