Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kaua'i, The Garden Isle, Hawai'i

Sunrise over Kaua'i


The Faerie Tree (inspiration for a story someday...)


Boiling Blue Water at Kilauea Light House

I could not get enough of the ocean--just looking at it roll in, those curving turquoise breakers, endless, extravagant permutations of the simple wave. Kaua'i was astounding--columns of clouds, each lit with sunlight, and rainbows everywhere. I am not a water sort of person as far as playing in it, but I love looking at it and could look and look forever. I love rivers and streams, lochs and lakes and rills. I love the Tweed and the Marias, the Columbia and the Flathead, the Tay and the Avon (Abhainn). The North Atlantic and the Mediterranean and the Pacific. Water...because of what it does to light, and I love light most of all.

No comments: