Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Aig an Fhèis...a-màireach



Skye: an t-Eilean Sgitheanach


Calanais: Leodhais

I awoke at 2 a.m. and couldn't sleep, so...In an attempt to get my head ready for the Fèis starting tomorrow, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures from our Turas Alba in 2010.

The one of the standing stones on Lewis was altered with solarization and other stuff I can't remember. I like the way the little tufts of grass grow around the bottoms of the stones, and the Lewisian gneiss with all its folds and striations is--well, gneiss!

The one of Skye was simply de-colorized from the original version. It was such a beautiful trip and I do want to return. Maybe we'll go next summer to hear Runrig during their 40-year celebration. They usually spend the summers touring Denmark and Germany. I hope they plan to play a couple of gigs in Scotland for their special year.



No comments: