Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Teeny Silver Surfboards




The fronts


and the backs. Not very good photography...
 
 
These are the first three surfboard pendants in fine silver (.999FS.) that I've made. I had fun making these, using textures with metal clay, and then cutting them out using templates that look sort of surfboard-shaped. I had to do a bit of sanding. On the backs of the second two are wave designs, and I made bails out of 18g fine silver wire, attached with PMC3 slip. The lot were torched, brushed, polished a bit, and put on chains. The top one I've been wearing for a few days. None of them have fins. I thought they'd catch on clothing. Earrings are next, but not until I get some other stuff done, like grading, laundry, vacuuming, scanning senior pictures, and donning my armor for another hectic week. It's the end of the first quarter already!

2 comments:

Melis said...

Love the new necklaces Gig! Pack em in your suitcase next March! LOL

Blogger said...

Using BullionVault you can obtain physical gold & silver bars at current market exchange rates.

Create a free account now and get 4 grams of free silver as a joining bonus.