Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Monday, July 24, 2017


Wow, long hiatus from my blog...But I'm still here, retired from teaching art, still messing around with metals, still trying to write a story or two, and still learning Gaelic.

I became a grandma too, three months ago today. Little Eva...what will you be? The world is your oyster, as they say. It's indescribable how a new little life can bring whole new levels of meaning to one's own. The love is overflowing.
 Eva Sa-rang Choi

These earrings were fun little nuggets of discovery, as I learned to use my rolling mill, disc-cutter, and hole-punches (finally), after a long series of illnesses and minor surgeries. Metal and texture, two of my favorite things to explore. These were completed just before the holidays last year, but I'm still moving forward with new ideas and techniques.






My jewelry goals this year: learn to set gemstones in bezels and improve my sawing and soldering skills.

I'm also looking forward to using some of the enamel components I made in the Painting With Fire workshop I took in Tucson with Barbara Lewis, and taking the next steps in this amazing process. I would like to attend some classes to achieve my goals, and have discovered the Tacoma Metal Arts Center, where they teach metalsmithing workshops of all sorts. Since a lot of my family live in that area, it's entirely do-able.

Meanwhile, I'll continue my journey with Gaelic as I head into year 3 through the Atlantic Gaelic Academy. Glè spòrsail!







No comments: