Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Montana in Summer


This was Jeremiah with long hair shooting from the head of Lake McDonald in the summer of 2007. We took him on a road-trip for his thirtieth birthday. Last year he was in Zimbawbe for the occasion, and this year it was Scotland. He is thirty-three. Amazing that I have a kid that old, but then I'm old.

Crystal travels to London to study for spring term through UW. She's thirty-two. They are my treasures, these children, along with the rest of my wonderful, crazy family, and my memories of growing up free in Montana. We weren't close to being rich in the pecuniary sense, but our lives were every day enriched by having been raised in the most beautiful place on the planet. It was a different time then, one that we may never see again.

No comments: