Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Sunday, April 10, 2011

New and Newish Jewelry

Since very few people read this blog, I feel confident that those who do will forgive the truly bad photography! I am still sighting in my new lens (I think I'll eventually need a real macro), the lighting was inadequate, and the shots were badly planned. Just wanted to show some of my recent work. I am mentoring a girl in jewelry for her senior project so I actually started working again in silver, despite my hand. I rather like the new stuff with all the little leaves, the details of which are lost in these rather dark photos. Thanks for looking.

My workbench this morning.


Silver items in various states of completion, some fired, some not. I guess I'm into leaves now.


...or maybe I always was. More fine silver stuff, some with 24K gold.


Fine Silver Ogham pendants with various Scottish Gaelic words. (Alba, Anam, Eudail, Solas, Math...)


More...sort of Celtic looking on the upper left--my own design, originally a stamp carved out of clay for use in pottery. These are fairly large.


And now my lower back hurts really bad, and I must have dislocated my left shoulder during the night (sleeping can be dangerous!), so all of this is either taking my mind off of the pain in my hand, or making it worse. I can't tell. Getting old sucks, although 56 isn't that old for some people. And tomorrow my 7th period class starts ceramics--I don't know how the heck I'm going to show them how to build a box. Oh well...

Mar sin leat! Tioraidh an drasda!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

With BullionVault you are able to obtain physical precious metals by the gram at current market exchange rates.

Your gold and silver may be kept in one of 5 secured worldwide vaults. And you are able to exchange it online or withdraw physical bars.