Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Monday, May 2, 2011

New Fine Silver Jewelry

Some better photos of jewelry I've been working on...


Eudail in Ogham (dearest; Scottish Gaelic)


Airy pendants, one with 24K gold, very time-consuming to make but I love the result.


Leafy silver pendants. Thease were fun!


Stack of rings


Wired heart (I wear this a lot)

I love making stuff, expensive, classy, unique stuff out of metal. Wearable art. I've let go of making any money at it. It just isn't going to happen. Creativity, however, cannot be stopped just because one cannot make a living at it. It's why I work, I suppose--to support my (expensive) habit. Silver is nearly $50 per ounce these days. These are all fine (pure) silver--not sterling, which has copper in it.

3 comments:

Melis said...

love them all! Methinks I should get a tad bit undistracted by learning watercolor and get some new jewelry made. :) Too bad I can't clone myself, huh?

Eilidh said...

Thanks, Melis! I'm not sure about cloning one's self, but it would be nice to have more energy. I don't like painting anymore, frankly, and haven't for a long time, but making these little silver sculptures: that's what I like. You, on the other hand, are a phenomenal painter, and probably will be as a jewelry artist as well. It's just like potato chips!

Blogger said...

With BullionVault you can obtain physical bullion by the gram at current exchange exchange rates.

Create your free account now and get 4 grams in free silver as a welcome bonus.