Pebbles on the Edge

Pebbles on the Edge
Lake McDonald, 2014

Friday, July 1, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

What is home? Where one hangs one's hat, or one's heart? Given those choices, it's a no-brainer for me: it's where the heart resides. So we are "home" in Oregon again, from Montana, which  for me, is home and always will be. Here are pictures from our latest trip. I'm still going through all the ones I took so will post over the next weeks and months as I process them.



Aspens in Coram, Montana


Big skies, green fields, and rolling hills in the Flathead Valley


On the Inside North Fork Road. We started at Polebridge. The road was open only as far as Logging Creek due to flooding and the road being washed out.


From the Outside North Fork Road. Still quite a bit of snow on the mountains. Logan Pass was closed from Avalanche to the Jackson Glacier viewpoint.


To be quite honest, we are looking at retiring in Montana someday. To that end, we've begun exploring property acquisition. I've become used to eastern Oregon, but I don't love it. I don't particularly like winter, but I love Montana. So here's to the future, and moving home.

No comments: